Sunday, November 21, 2010

New Project - Labyrinth

Debbie Maddy lectured at our guild last Tues.  She gives a large and impressive trunk show.  She taught a workshop on Saturday making her Labyrinth pattern
http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/browse_item_details.asp?Store_Id=529&Item_Id=1209&Page_Id=23

Her instructions are very clear and she gives a lot of great tips and hints while she is teaching.  It went together quickly....well except I had cut some of my pieces incorrectly, so I had to resize everything.  My quilt will be a little smaller than everyone else's.  I used a ruler I seldom use and didn't realize one side was 1/2 inch and the other was was 1 inch.

I don't need to start new projects.  But a friend was taking the class - her quilt is very striking.  I will try and get a picture for a future blog. 

I used stash fabrics for the class.  They are nice fabrics, but rather plain mostly reading as solids.  I decided I needed to punch it up with the border fabric, so after class I went to a couple stores and picked up some fabric.

It would have been better if I shopped my stash and then got fabrics to go with them before the class.  I would have used the pumpkin fabric in the body of the quilt.
and the border fabrics

No comments:

Post a Comment