I was putting the chevrons together wrong. Fortunately I realized my mistake after only doing 4. I found the mistake by reading another blogger, Jo @ http://www.joscountryjunction.com/what-im-working-on-119/
So it is a positive that others are doing the same mystery and so many are posting information. Usually when I am making a quilt I do a couple blocks and put them up on the design wall. I find out quickly if I am doing something wrong. Doing the production style sewing of a mystery leaves me vulnerable to making all 100 or so wrong, which may be why the other two mysteries I have tackled are still UFOs. However, I can’t rely completely on strangers so I must acknowledge that when I do production sewing I should stop, measure, and review at times to make sure I am on track.
This chevron step has been the most time consuming one for me. They look so pretty. I think they will add some movement and sparkle to the quilt.