Sunday, December 8, 2013

Celtic Solstice Mystery



Bonnie Hunter’s 2013 mystery quilt is Celtic Solstice. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/celtic-solstice-mystery.html  

As I did so much quilting (R’s quilt) and so little sewing the last few months I was eager to reverse and do some piecing.  I decided to do the mystery because this is a rare Thanksgiving – New Years where I have no travel scheduled.

The first step was revealed the Friday after Thanksgiving. The second step was posted Fri 12/6/13

I changed colors. I am using purple where Bonnie is using blue, brown where she is using orange, and turquoise where she is using yellow. I am trying to use up stash and these colors along with green seemed to work best.


As I chose colors I thought if Bonnie puts blue with the orange then I will have brown with the purple and I might not have good contrast, but I think it worked okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment