Monday, April 22, 2013

Guild Retreat


I attended retreat with ladies from my guild April 11th through 14th.  It was fun and productive.  I also got to know ladies from my guild better.  I had a great roommate.

I wanted to get the double friendship star blocks together in a top but I had miscalculated how many sashing pieces I needed.  I worked as far as I could, and then switched to making pineapple blocks. 



On Saturday I pieced this Debbie Maddy pattern Recess.  I knew that many of the ladies made donation quilts during the retreat and I had originally planned to make a different one, but as I was prepping for retreat I looked at the other pattern and it needed a jelly roll or 42 strips.  I didn’t feel like cutting more fabric so I grabbed this pattern and a turnover I bought to use with it a couple years ago. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment