Sunday, August 28, 2011

Design Wall and To Do List

I have been travelling so much this summer that I was surprised by what I have on the design wall. It is a small wallhanging that I need to add borders to and quilt. I made the center in 2002 or 2003 (?) at a David Walker Gulf Coast Quilter’s Association workshop in Baton Rouge, LA. http://davidwalker.us/Pages/Q_QUILTS_HOME.html  David teaches a meditative contemplative style of designing and working which I really enjoyed.




It is raw edge appliqué. I made the center based on a photo of a street car light on a foggy day in the Garden District of New Orleans. It has sat as a UFO for some time because it was narrow and needed borders and I wasn’t sure I had enough fabric, nor was I certain what I wanted to do for borders.

I have been in Virginia for a week on vacation. I was there for the earthquakes but got out before Hurricane Irene. I got home late Friday night and sometime Saturday noticed my design wall in a kind of cartoon double take. Too much gallivanting, I guess.

Before I can finish the Moonlight wallhanging, I need to finish another UFO quickly because I am # 13 on the Stashbuster Yahoo Group UFO Queen’s list. Fortunately I have a donation quilt that just needs a binding since I often procrastinate on bindings. Next I really need to get caught up on the mystery quilt. Sometime I might go grocery shopping and do some housework but those are not high on my list.



1 comment: