Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Borders Workshop


My friend Twana and I attended a “Borders Galore” workshop today with Winnie Fleming.  She spoke at our guild last night and is a charming lady and a great teacher.
I did not progress as far as the other students because I did some of the prep work late at night and cut some pieces that were supposed to be 3 and 3/8ths at 3 and 7/8ths then crosscut them into triangles.  The angles were wrong and I had to cut more fabric.  I also had to buy more fabric but fortunately the class was in a quilt store.
We worked on mitered borders and making pieced borders fit any size quilt with a floater border (my picture shows the pieced border next to the block but not the floater on yet.)  This was a very helpful workshop and I feel like I can do a much better job on all future quilts.
I enjoyed having a day off work and playing with like minded ladies.  I inadvertently added comic relief when I volunteered to go pick up the lunch they had called in – because I walked out of the store and walked right back in as I had ridden to the workshop with my friend Twana and I had no vehicle to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment