Saturday, January 25, 2014

Rejected Neutral and Guild Boutique




Bonnie Hunter has a wide taste in neutrals and I am trying to expand my horizons.  I really like all the movement I see in her quilts.  When I decided to do the Celtic Solstice Mystery I challenged myself to use more print neutrals.


I picked up a few fat quarters at the Houston Quilt Festival that had multiple colors but a basic neutral background.  I used a lot of those prints and some from my stash though I don’t have many light fabrics with color motifs
. 
I picked this fat quarter up in Houston but eventually decided not to put it in my quilt.  It does fit Bonnie’s definition of a neutral but I felt the motifs were too dark and dominant and they weren’t colors in my Celtic Solstice.

Today I worked on tissue holders for our guild show boutique in February.  I have a couple other ideas but I did these today and if I don’t get anything else accomplished then at least I contributed.  I used up all but a tiny scrap of the fat quarter.

First thing this morning I rearranged my sewing area.  I have the Sew Ezi table and it is 19” by 35” and I wanted more room to my left so I could trim blocks and watch videos.  I purchased IKEA ALCOT 3 drawer units.  I haven’t filled all the drawers but I am using the top one for scraps from cutting.  It is very convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment