Sunday, March 23, 2014

More Quilt Show Photos

I was suffering from a cold during our quilt show and I didn't take many pictures.  The winning quilts are pictured on the guild website http://www.bearcreekquiltguild.org/shotell/2014/sh14award1.html

Below is Jane's machine applique quilt.  Her sister Lisa quilted this and it has tiny feathers.  I tried to get a picture of the feathers but they don't show up well in my photo



First place applique and Judge's Choice was a beautiful quilt by Sheri and quilted by Mona.  I need to learn how to better photo closeups of the quilting because I did try but it was white thread on white background and my picture doesn't show the quilting so I am only posting the one.




Dana's quilt is from a Jacqueline De Jonge pattern but Dana made the sides curving to follow the quilting.  She did a beautiful job quilting it.  Originally, she planned to have me do some of the quilting so anyone who saw it at the Dallas Quilt Show the sign read Quilted by Peggy B.  That is not correct.  She notified them prior to the show but something went awry and I got credit.  This below is all Dana and she won a 2nd place ribbon at Dallas.



No comments:

Post a Comment