Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Contemplating What To Work On Next



I am settling in to retirement and working on balancing completing projects I have started and trying new ones.  Besides the UFOs I really want to do a cleaning and organizing of my sewing stuff.  Allietare is still being worked on but the top is close to being done.

I am one of the co-VPs of Programs for one of the guilds I belong to and I was teacher’s helper for Gay Young when she taught a workshop for us.  Gay does beautiful work and she is a lovely person.  http://gayyoungart.com  I didn’t take the class myself, but I was inspired by her work and the projects started by the students, so I am thinking another landscape will be in my future. 
 
So, I played one day last week painting muslin for sky scenes.  Here are some pictures, drying in the sun.  




I have been doing small nine patches with 2 inch squares and I was thinking I had enough to put together.  Here is a picture of them with some new fabrics I purchased.  I am contemplating fabrics to alternate with the nine patches.  I have 116 of the 5 inch blocks; but I decided that I will need 200 so I have plenty of time to work out how I want to put them together.  These are my leader/ender project.



I like to sew in the morning after I take Brandon to school.  I am enjoying my new freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment