Thursday, September 12, 2019

Play Modern from a workshop with Gyleen Fitzgerald

Recently I had two quilts in the Plano Guild Show. They were not of a quality to be competitive but I wanted to participate and use the opportunity to finish a couple quilts. Of course the Judges gave some compliments and critiques. I was explaining how judging works to my granddaughter France. She gave me a double edged compliment saying, " I don't care what they say - in our house it's a masterpiece!"


One of the judge's critiques was that it wasn't quilted modern - valid-I had entered it under modern.  I did wavy lines, moving into leaves and then flowers in the big cubes.  I debated straight line quilting in the background which I think I would have preferred but once I started quilting wavy I stayed with that rather than rip out.  I have no issue with the judges comments.  It is simply information to file away if I wish to be more competative.


Here is a closer view of the quilting.












No comments:

Post a Comment