Saturday, July 30, 2011

Making a purse organizer/wallet

I have been looking at purse organizers. This looks cool:



Unfortunately, I have a small purse and these wouldn’t fit. I was browsing the internet looking at different purse organizers and of course I looked at tutorials on blogs and youtube also. I actually considered shopping for a larger purse so that I could buy or make an organizer.

Thinking about it I decided that I would keep my small purse and make something that works for me at this time. The problems I identified were: losing my small black phone in my purse, my work badge taking up a lot of space, and not being able to see my dollar bills. This Spring I accidently tipped someone $100 bill when I meant to leave a $1 and I didn’t realize it until hours later. On a spiritual level I think that person was meant to have extra money coming in, but I still need to be able to see my money in the dark environs of my bag. I had a small plastic envelope that I put in my purse so I could see my cash, but that was getting frayed and worn.




I also had some stiff fusible interfacing (from years ago making fabric bowls).  I fused fabric to the interfacing, made a couple pockets on the back for my phone and some cards and trimmed the vinyl, added binding by machine.  It is actually a little long for the interior of my purse, but the slight curve makes it easier to retrieve my phone.
This isn't fancy but it will do for now and I will see about purchasing or making a more elaborate organizer when I finally get a bigger purse

No comments:

Post a Comment