Thursday, April 19, 2012

Boot Quilt


I couldn't show pictures while I was working on it, but I did another quilt for a good-bye gift to Judy. Her other bee, Material Girls, wanted to surprise her with a boot quilt.  I did McTavishing in the background with Invisifil thread.  It was the first time I have used that thread, but it worked really well.  I just outlined the barbed wire in the sashing squares and did dense loops, and stars in the charcoal black sashing and borders.


I appliquéd this boot and I put some Nancy Halverson fabric on the spool and then had the thread wrapped around the boot which is more typical of me (if I wore cowboy boots) than Judy but it is fabric from her green and brown quilt and a designer she especially likes.
It's a beautiful quilt and I really enjoyed working on it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment