Monday, May 26, 2014

An Afternoon Tablerunner

Last summer I won a basket of goodies at a quilt show in Bridgeport TX.  Sorry, but I can't remember the guild's name.  In the basket were lots of fabrics including this group which some or all of are Benartex fabric designed by Mitzi Powers.  Most of the fabrics were smaller than a fat quarter and didn't have selvedge.



I came across these fabrics as I was cleaning and reorganizing my fabrics and I wanted to use them before they were split apart and mixed into my stash by color families. 

I added some brown and one batik blue/purple.  I made a table runner from Craftsy class "Square-agonals", by designer/instructor Sandi Blackwell.  The pattern went together easily and it was fun to fussy cut and position the three birds in the middle.

Well perhaps I went too quickly because I think I should have had more semi-solids in the final product.  I like it but it is a little too busy and I had difficulty figure where duplicate fabrics were going to end up next to each other.

It will go in the to be quilted pile and maybe I can figure out some quilting that will unify it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment