Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Silent Auction quilt and landscape play

I quilted the little flower quilt with a McTavish style background.  It's a little sloppy because I had trouble seeing the thread on the background.  I used a So Fine white.  I probably need to get an eye exam and improve the lighting where I work, but I wanted to get it done to work on the binding at my small sewing group.  I plan to donate it to the silent auction at my guild and I have enjoyed working on it.

I chose a purple fabric for the binding to balance the deep colors of the flowers.  I first used some black thread to highlight the flowers and leaves. 






This last is a small landscape I am playing with -- made from scraps I am enjoying working on it and it will probably finish at 5 by 7 or so.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment