Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday Work in Progress

I am quilting a scrap quilt with baptist fans.  Lynn Roddy Brown spoke at our guild last year and inspired some of the members to form a block swap group.  We swapped 4 inch four patches, and 4 inch half square triangles in May and June.  There are a wide variety of fabrics in this quilt.  When I first looked at all my blocks together it looked very orange/brown.  I added more blocks with primary colors to balance it out, and chose the blue border to counter the many orange segments.



while I was sewing the blocks together, I kept thinking I would quilt it with the purple thread...today I switched to the gray, which isn't as blue as it looks in the picture.

The top went together really quickly with the 4 patches and HSTs already made.

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness Peggy, You are now officially my favorite blog! I'm inspired by this quilt block swap you participated in and the simplicity, yet the dramatic look those two blocks together create! I'm not a long arm person...just a piecer but I know I will be following your blog great pictures and explainations!!!! Smiles from Idaho, Onalee

    ReplyDelete