Friday, November 4, 2011

Christmas Tablerunner

When I am not traveling I can sew a bit most evenings after work. It is something I miss when I do a lot of traveling.


I have a small portable sewing machine that I took on one work trip that was two weeks long. Maybe I need to do that again, or some hand sewing project, though I am barely competent at hand sewing.

This week I worked on making winding ways blocks in Christmas fabrics. I am not consistent enough on the centers. The way the Go die cuts the fabric you have two opposite color blocks. I think I will put three together for a table runner with a border. The ones that aren’t as even as I would like I am going to make potholders out of and use them to audition what quilting I will do on the table runners. I am planning on donating one table runner to our quilt show silent auction so I want it to be especially nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment