Thursday, May 19, 2016

Landscapes - changes, new one

On the original landscape I cut the sky to layer it like Gloria Loughman has us do in her Craftsy Class.  That didn't work well because I had used cheap muslin to paint the sky for the first Willow Tree landscape and it raveled a lot.  I tried doing a blanket stitch with clear monopoly thread but still didn't like how it looked.  I painted three pieces to applique on top of the gap and they worked somewhat.  I quilted it in rows matching the size of the additional pieces.  I like it, but....it needs more work...but with adding paints (watercolor crayons) I can tweak forever and it will still be off.  So I am stopping for now.  It needs a facing or binding or more ???


So I have more of most of the fabrics so I am taking what I learned and making a second Willow landscape.  Below is the fabric for the tree.  It's feathers but I don't know the manufacturer.  I found it at a quilt show and bought the fat quarter from a vendor.

I painted a couple new sky panels, and things are going quickly for this second one.  I need to add more to the tree, but I am liking this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment