Sunday, May 8, 2022

Dresden Pattern by Susan K Cleveland

 I wanted to try something new and settled on Ripples pattern from Susan K Cleveland's book Dynamic Dresdens  It went together pretty quickly. 

I still have commitment to my Mandala Club so I wanted something fast.  I used a Laura Heine fabric for the background quilting it with simple waves.  I made the 3 dresdens in a day of sewing with friends.  

2nd picture I have added 2 sided binding.  I wanted a pop of blue in front.  I have added one ring of dresdens.  I will hand stitch the binding down before adding the others, then wrap the parts of dresdens that over hang the binding to the back and applique them down.  

If all goes well I will have it finished and turned into Quilter's Guild of Plano this week for the Silent Auction at the August Quilt Show.  It's 18 inches square.




No comments:

Post a Comment