Sunday, May 22, 2022

quilting practice

 I have tried the mandala practice a couple times.  I am struggling with quilting small motifs.  I asked for suggestions in a longarm facebook group and received some ideas.  People suggested microdrive handles (I have some but took them off the machine a long time ago so I need to figure out where they are), higher stitches per inch for smoother curves and stitching in manual mode.

I am starting to feel a little better but progress is slow.  2 pics below both pieces are about 14 inches square.  The brown was the first.  It was so wobbly I knew it was going to succeed as a mandala and I just added practice to it.  The red I tried stitching in manual mode and I can see lines are smoother for the most part.  Still knew early on it was not going to be a mandala I would be showing anyone, so continued practicing.  I am not sure if I will repeat this design or go on to another lesson.  I am improving although slowly




No comments:

Post a Comment