Sunday, May 1, 2022

Brown Mandala

 I travelled last week and got to see 4 of my grandies.  Lots of fun.  But I haven't made much progress with my quilting.

I did complete the brown mandala.  I was backing it with a fat quarter (to make a small bag) and ran into some trouble because the edge of the backing with pins was so close to the little quilt that I would bump my rulers into pins and wobble.  So I took it off and added more backing.

As I stated before I really need to practice small motifs.  Some of my cross hatching was still off but instead of removing the stitching I opted to just add small feathers for practice.

Below is a pic of the mandala and the backing.  I started with an 18 inch square and it will be trimmed down to 10 x 16 for the bag - another reason I dodge removing and improving stitches.   The quilting won't show on the back which will be the front of the bag.






No comments:

Post a Comment